Friday, June 13, 2008

corporate nit-picky insanity!

So, you may or may not be aware that to survive, I work at a very popular, very corporate restaurant. Thats sells a lot of cheesecake.

It pays the bills, ok?

But anyway, every 6 months or so, they like to shake things up a bit, and add a few new things to the already novel size menu. There's a lot of hoopla involved in this process. In the week leading up to the day when we release the new menu, a bunch of corporate people I've never seen before are in the restaurant, inspecting everything and making everyone a little nervous. But one thing that always throws me for a loop every time this time of year rolls around, is their meticulous attention to detail. We're talking crazy meticulous. If you have ever watched one of my favorite shows, Monk, then you think you know an obsessive compulsive person. But Monk pales in comparison.

Today, while walking through the kitchen, I heard one of them say, "I think we need to move this patty a little closer to the edge of the bun." They were, of course, referring to a hamburger. I took a quick glance to glimpse the hamburger in question. Seriously, the patty and the bun were the same size. I have no idea how they could've moved it any closer to the edge.

But then again, I'm not pulling out a ruler to make sure the opening of a sandwhich is exactly 2 inches wide.

And yes, I do realize that was the most pointless and random entry ever. But next time you dine out at a large corporate chain, think of how much time and effort they put into making sure your bun and your patty match up just so.

~*Jessica*~

No comments: